Cela’s Creative Learning Academy is proud to participate in Early Achievers, Washington’s quality rating and improvement system. This is a tool that helps parents and families evaluate how early learning programs are preparing children to succeed.
What does that mean for families?
- Early Achievers helps families find high-quality child care and early learning programs that fit theirs and their children’s needs.
- Early Achievers does not incur a cost to families.
- Choosing child care is an important decision. Families deserve to know their children are in quality child care environments that foster a love of learning, promote each child’s unique skills and cultures, and support the development of the whole child.
- Participating child care and early learning providers receive free resources and training to improve the quality of their programs and there is no additional cost to families. Funding comes from DEL through two federal grants, The Child Care Development Fund and Race to the Top-Early Learning Challenge grants.
How does Early Achievers work?
- Early Achievers rates the quality of child care and early learning programs on a scale of 1 to 5. Simply by participating in Early Achievers, child care and early learning providers demonstrate a commitment to improving quality.
- At level 1, licensed child care providers must meet Washington’s licensing requirements for health and safety. Programs with higher ratings have strong instruction, training for staff, and family engagement to support children’s success.
- In 2015, ratings for providers who participate in Early Achievers will be made available on DEL’s website.
What can families do?
- Ask your child care provider about Early Achievers and learn more about what they are doing to ensure that young children enter school ready to succeed.
- Start your child care search by contacting Child Care Aware Washington at 1-800-446-1114 or online at www.wa.childcareaware.org.
- Take a look at child care provider’s basic licensing history and find out if your child care provider is participating in Early Achievers on DEL’s Child Care Check.